A tax notice is issued annually covering the period from January 1st to December 31st.
Failure to receive a tax notice is not a reason for non-payment of taxes. It is the taxpayer's responsibility to ensure that the Town has the correct mailing address and to contact the Town if the taxpayer does not receive the tax notice.
Tax Due Date
The due date for payment of taxes is June 30th or the last business/banking day in the month of June. If the payment is not received before the due date, a penalty will be applied.
If payment is made by mail or at a bank, the postmark or the date received at the banking agency will determine the date of payment.
Penalties are applied as follows:
- July 1st: 2% applied on current-year balance
- August 1st: 6% applied on current-year balance
- October 1st: 8% applied on current-year balance
- January 1st: 10% applied on year-end balance
Methods of Payment
- At the bank
- At the Town office by cash, cheque or interact
- By mail
- By Pre-Authorized Payment - Download and submit our Preauthorized Tax Form (PDF), or contact the Town office to make arrangements for this option (Only available if your account is in good standing). You may cancel this service using our Preauthorized Payment Cancellation Form (PDF).
- Internet or telephone banking