Contact our Assessor
Tax notices went out earlier this week, and we would like to let you know if you have any questions or concerns or do not agree with your assessment you can contact our the Town of Slave Lake Property assessor KCL Consulting. If you wish to speak to them about your assessment please fill out the following Online Form. Or call their toll free number at 1-888-419-2128.
What if I Still Don't Agree with my Assessment?
If you are still certain that your assessment does not reflect what your property would likely sell for on the open market, you may file a written appeal to Assessment Review Board.
On the front of your Combined Assessment and Tax Notice it shows the deadlines and steps you must take to file a formal complaint.
View and download the Assessment Review Board Complaint Form (PDF).
Property Assessment is assessed on an estimate of the market value of the land and buildings in relation to similar properties. It is based on market conditions as of July 1 of the previous year and on the properties physical condition and characteristics as of December 31 of the previous year.
Under the Municipal Government Act, Section 460(6). "There is no right to make a complaint about any tax rate." This means that you cannot appeal your taxes because you feel that they are too high. You only may appeal the assessment. To avoid penalty charges, you must first pay your taxes by June 30th even if you plan to appeal your assessment.
Assessment Appeal Fees
- $50.00 per tax roll for residential properties with 3 or less dwelling units or farm properties
- $650.00 per tax roll for residential properties with 4 or more dwelling units.
- $650.00 per tax roll for non-residential properties.
- $30.00 per tax roll for Tax Notices other than Business.
- $650.00 per tax roll for Linear property-Property Generation
- $50.00 per Linear Property Assessment Unit Identification for Linear property Other
- $650.00 for Equalized Assessment