August 18, 2020 at 7:00 P.M.
Town Council is giving consideration to amending Land Use Bylaw #22-2007.
The amending FireSmart Bylaw #09-2020 proposes to add regulations to the Land Use Bylaw #22-2007 with respect to the subdivision and development of land.
The proposed regulations:
- add definitions for various FireSmart terms;
- allows the development authority to require an applicant for subdivision or development to submit a Wildfire Risk Assessment;
- allows the development authority, where proposed lands are susceptible to wildfire hazards, to require the applicant to establish a 1.5 m non-combustible zone around the perimeter of all structures;
- require fencing in the 1.5 m non-combustible zone to be of fire resistive materials;
- require landscaping in the 1.5 m non-combustible zone to be in accordance with FireSmart guidelines;
- for developments in Area A, the development authority may:
- require roofing, exterior siding, decks, porches and balconies to be constructed of fire-resistive materials;
- for developments in Area B, the development authority shall:
- require roofing, exterior siding, decks, porches and balconies to be constructed of fire-resistive materials
For full details, copies of Land Use Bylaw #22-2007, proposed amending Bylaw #09-2020 as well as complete project information such as results of public consultation and Focus Group Sessions and other relevant reference documents for the FireSmart Land Use Bylaw Project, are available for inspection at the Town office. For further information contact Laurie Skrynyk at 780-849-8019 or Samantha Dyck at 780-849-8004.
If you or any group of citizens support or are opposed to the proposed amendments please deliver a letter to the Town Office no later than Thursday, August 13, 2020 or verbally make a presentation at the Public Hearing on Tuesday, August 18, 2020.
Written submissions, please mail or deliver to:
Town of Slave Lake
Box 1030, 10 Main Street SW
Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0