Signup to be notified of water, sewer, road works, parking bans, and more impacting your community.
Through the Voyent Alert! System you can be informed when there are incidents that are taking place that may impact you. Whether planned activities like road or infrastructure repairs, fire bans, snow removal, or unplanned things like a water line break, a road closure due to a motor vehicle collision, high water and more. Voyent Alert! lets you stay up-to-date with whichever method you may prefer.
Additionally, Voyent Alert! allows residents to receive emergency notifications with detailed information and instructions based off of vicinity of the incident. Emergencies can include:
For emergencies, you will receive a bold Alert that is hard to miss. For notifications of issues that are non-emergencies, you will receive a normal notification on the service you select.
How to Register
You select how you would like to receive an emergency alert or notification:
- an app on your smart phone or tablet
- through email
- SMS text to your mobile phone
- a recorded message to a phone
In the event of an emergency, this will be how the Town of Slave Lake contacts you about critical information that needs to reach you and your family. The Town's system is separate from Alberta Alerts or Canada-wide alerts; the Town only issues notifications for issues in this area.
This new system allows for greater communication to residents and visitors in a timely fashion. In addition to multiple ways to sign up for alerts, this will also include mapping information for a greater understanding of where emergencies are taking place and what you need to do to stay safe.
Registration for the service is free, simple and totally anonymous.
We don't ask for personal information. Registration only asks for how you want to be notified, and the address or map pin of where you live and/or other locations in town (such as your place of work, your child's school, a favourite trail) that will help you receive the alerts that matter to you.
Options for registering:
Download the App by clicking your device's App provider:
We encourage residents who have a mobile phone with them to download the App for the best experience – you’ll be able to mark on a map your home address, business, child’s school or any other important location and get specific alerts tailored to that area.
What You Can Expect:
- Personalized Communications: Voyent Alert! provides informative communications. Critical information such as the distance and direction from an incident, time of intercept and preferred evacuation routes from your tracked locations are provided.
- Track Multiple Locations: Voyent Alert! allows you to create and track multiple locations such as “Kids School” or “Mom’s House”. Any event or communication related to your tracked locations will be forwarded to you along your preferred communication channel.
- No Message Fatigue: Voyent Alert’s smart alerting capabilities ensure that you will only get notified when a communication is relevant to you or one of the locations you are tracking.
- Communications Your Way: Receive alerts over a wide variety of communication channels including mobile apps, text/SMS alerting, email or voice calling. You can register for all or one of them.
- Privacy is Paramount: Registration is anonymous, and no information volunteered or derived is shared or used for marketing or data harvesting purposes. Locational information from your tracked locations is only used to determine its proximity to an alert event and to provide critical context within the communications (such as distance and direction).
- Leaving is Easy: Both mobile applications and web-based accounts provide access to an unsubscribe feature accessed via the menu icon on the top left of the screen/page. If the service isn’t working out simply click on the “Unsubscribe” button and you won’t be hearing from us again.
- What is Voyent Alert! ?
Voyent Alert! is a notification system that uses advanced geospatial technology to send personalized alerts about emergencies and day-to-day activities.
Rather than receive a generic message about an event taking place in your town, Voyent Alert! will provide detailed information that is relevant to you. Our alerts are able to provide necessary details including an event’s distance from you, maps of the impacted areas, and your next steps. This could be a reminder to move your car for street cleaning or step-by-step directions to the nearest evacuation shelter.
The result is that the message you receive provides the most important information, allowing you to make better, more informed decisions.
- Does Voyent Alert! collect personal information?
- Do I have to pay to use the service?
No. You will not be charged to download the Voyent Alert! app or use this service.
- Am I going to be bombarded with useless messages?
No. You will only ever receive a notification if it is relevant to a location or a specific topic you have selected.
To identify which topics you would like to subscribe to, visit the “My Topics” menu on your Voyent Alert! account.
- How is this different from other regional alert systems like Alberta Emergency Alert?
Federal and provincial services advise users about issues at a broader provincial or district level. These alerts provide general warnings in order to effectively notify the variety of users in their regions. How the issue might impact you, specifically, might not always be immediately clear.
Voyent Alert! works on a more detailed level. We provide you with customized information including where the alert is relative to your location and your immediate next steps.
Additionally, as Voyent Alert! is administered at the community level it can be used for general day to day communications and local services.
- Is training required to use the service?
No, Voyent Alert! is very simple to use.
When you first register helpful hints are included to guide you in setting up your account. If you ever get stuck, click on the “?” on the side of the screen for assistance. Additional support can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions page or by submitting a question directly.
- I am concerned about privacy issues. Where is the service operated from?
Voyent Alert! is a cloud-based service utilizing Canadian-based resources for operations and storage.
ICEsoft undertakes measures to ensure that Voyent Alert! is compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada (PIPEDA).
- How can I use Voyent Alert! with my do not disturb feature?