Work for the Town
The Town of Slave Lake employs a diverse workforce of dedicated employees who provide essential services to our residents.
People are our most valued asset. If you are looking for a purposeful and rewarding career in an inclusive, supportive and fun work environment, come and make a difference with us.
Working for the Town has its benefits:
- We believe in work life balance for our employees.
- We offer competitive wages and, for eligible employees, a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
- Our employees have access to the Employee and Family assistance Program and access to certified counsellors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We offer career development, learning and growth opportunities.
- We have an active Social Committee that promotes and leads fun events all year round.
Our Human Resources team handles:
- Benefits Administration
- Disability Management
- Employee Orientations
- Employee Records
- Employee and Labour Relations
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) Administration
- HR General Administration
- HR Policies and Procedures
- Legislation Compliance
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Performance Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Salary Administration
- Training and Development
- Workplace Investigations
Visit our Job Postings page for current job openings.
The Town of Slave Lake commits to building and maintaining a respectful, inclusive and fair workplace that represents the community we serve. We value individuals who bring diverse experience, skills and opinions to our team.
Disclosure of applicant information to third parties for hiring purposes may be required. Only information required for hiring purposes may be disclosed.
Information submitted to Town of Slave Lake via email, fax, website, telephone, conversation, personal conversation, or other means not stated here may be considered for hiring purposes.
Information submitted to Town of Slave Lake by any means for hiring purposes constitutes consent by applicants unless otherwise specifically stated by the applicant.