- Each year the Town of Slave Lake sends out the Combined Assessment and Property Tax Notice. The tax period is covered from January 1 to December 31.
- Due date for property taxes are June 30th or the last banking day in June.
- Property taxes are calculated by multiplying the assessed value of the property by the appropriate tax rate.
- 2018 Mill Rate: Residential 10.5030, Non Residential 15.2521
KCL Consulting is the Assessor for Town of Slave Lake.
- Toll Free Number: 888-419-2128
- Office Number: 780-419-2158
- Fax Number: 780-419-2651
Property Assessment is assessed on an estimate of the market value of the land and buildings in relation to similar properties. It is based on market conditions as of July 1 of the previous year and on the properties physical condition and characteristics as of December 31 of the previous year.
Under the Municipal Government Act, designated manufactured homes include manufactured homes, mobile homes, modular homes and travel trailers. In most circumstances, all designated manufactured homes are assessable and taxable.
Find out what steps you can take if you aren't satisfied with your assessment, including online inquiries and, if need be, filing a formal complaint.