Canada 150th Celebrations
June 3, 11am-3pm – Hosted by Lesser Slave Forest Education Society
Event begins at 11:00 AM, in the Field between Northern Lakes College and Travel Lodge. Come celebrate Canada's 150th Birthday and compete in an old fashion Logger Sports Competition! We are bringing back this unique art to showcase the rustic beauty and skill of being a Lumber jack or Lumber Jill. Teams from forest industry, government, local timber contractors and the public will be competing in a FRIENDLY COMPETITION!!!
• There will be two competitions running at the same time. Forest industry and contractors will compete in 8 events and the public will compete in 6 events. The public will be competing on individual events, not as a team.
• There will be a trophy for the team finishing best overall.
• Minimum of 4 – 6 people/team with at least one competitor of the opposite sex.
• Each team will decide which person they want to represent them in each event. One person per team per event except for the double buck saw & obstacle course.
• Entry fee per team is $250.00
• A waiver needs to be signed by each competitor on June 3, 2017. Bring identification with you.
• All equipment will be supplied for events. (I.e. protection for ears & face, chainsaw pants, gloves, etc.) Safety equipment is REQUIRED!
• Steel toed boots mandatory for chainsaw events.
Please give MJ a call at 849-8627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org when you have your team together to register for the events and competitions. There will be a limited number of teams accepted in the competition.
July 1, 9am-11am
Put on by the Abundant Life Church
Canada Day Celebration
July 1, 11am-4pm
Join us for a bigger and better Canada Day celebration in honour of Canada’s 150th Anniversary. Entertainment, kids parade, food, activities, booths and more! Keep watching www.slavelake.ca for more details and a schedule of events.
Held at Schurter Park
Canada Day Celebration
July 1 – Hosted by Canyon Creek Recreation Association
Annual Parade and activities in Canyon Creek
Masquerade Ball by Art Council
Canada Day Fireworks
July 1st – 11pm at the Slave Lake Airport –Hosted by Town of Slave Lake
Join us for some fireworks to celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday
July 7 & 8 – Hosted by Slave Lake District Chamber of Commerce
Sand Sculpture Competition
July 8 – Hosted by Slave Lake District Chamber of Commerce at Devonshire Beach
August 26 – Tenative – Hosted by Town of Slave Lake, MD of Lesser Slave River and Woods and Waterways Trail Association
Grab your kayak, canoe or tube and join us for a floating parade down one of the Great Canadian Trails waterways, along the Mirror Landing Blueway Trail, starting at the Tollenar Bridge Campground floating east 11km towards Smith. Watch www.slavelake.ca or www.mdlsr.ca for more info.
October date TBD
Come be part of creating a mural that will leave a lasting legacy on the community. 150 murals are being created across Canada to celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday, community members will be invited out to paint a tile to be part of the mural.